Friday, October 7, 2016

Throne Of Glass Series - Sarah J Maas



I am totally in love with this series. It has quickly become a new all time favorite! Sometimes when I read different books, I think to myself the story was good, could've been amazing but the author didn't write it well or sometimes I read books that the author was good but the story wasn't there. To put simply, add a unique fantasy world, classy characters, a thriving plot with an amazing author who knows exactly how to mix them all together to give you a trill of a ride.It feels like having the best of both worlds. 

The first book, Throne of Glass, was a great novel both by itself and also as start of the whole series. It introduces the world with magic and the characters are given life beautifully. The characters are portrayed with both history and potential giving you an excitement for the story to unravel.  I couldn't put it down and that was before the plot thickened! The main protagonist, Celaena Sardothien, is both the villain and hero to her own story making it possible for us the readers to relate to her and idealize her equally. 
worldofsarahjmass.com
The Assassin's blade is a compilation of short stories of Celaena's past,which can be read at any time during the series. Sometimes i struggle with reading short story books that don't relate to the overarching plot but this one is a jewel. It is a great book that allows you to see into the character of Celaena and it solidifies her characters throughout the other books. I suggest that it should be read before reading Empire of Storms because there are a lot of references that would otherwise be missed. 
Empire of Storms is the last one to have come out but it is not the conclusion. I was trying to predict the ending to no avail.  Let me just tell you, I was blow away at the ending, it left me heartbroken and awed at the same time. I don't think there has been any other series that has left me with so many mixed emotions.
A little warning, in the last book there is a scene of sexual intimacy that leaves me unconformable to recommend this book to youngsters or pure of heart. If needed, it can be skipped, I find it easier to skip over these kind of scenes in book than in movies. I do it often. The event itself does play an important part in the telling of the rest of the story so keep that in mind.
I hope all can come to love these characters and this world as I do!
Leave a comment below if you love this series as much as I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What is your favorite genre?