Saturday, September 24, 2016

Illuminae -Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

A Sci-Fi!

Wow!


Just wow!

I finished this book today and my mind is still reeling.
I have never read anything like this book before. 

Its unique,
one-of-a-kind,
beautiful
&
a piece of art.

The whole book is written is a data files, yet there is a perfect blend of action, suspense, romance and thrill. 
It builds upon itself page after page where you do not want to put it down and the finish still blows you away. 
There were times when I marveled the different themes that intertwined. 
A few years ago, Kaelene (another sister) introduced to me the convenience of listening to audio-books. I was going to college back then, with no car, so I walked everywhere. Frankly listening to music can get a little boring sometimes and thus the audio book became a good friend. I always have a audio book or two I am listening to via Audible (which makes it way cheaper) and by random I picked out this book. I started to listen to it and I knew right away that I had to have the hard copy in my hands. 
I recommend that everyone read and listen to the audio version AT THE SAME TIME! Why? because the audio adds to your experience tenfold. It is recorded by 4 different people along with computerized sound effects to give you the illusion of a movie while you are reading. But you shouldn't just listen either. There are things that you miss from the book itself and it may seem difficult to catch on to the story. For example, here is just one of the pages of the book that cannot be expressed through listening...  
 It truly felt like a movie was being played in my head in a way unlike I had ever experienced before. I am totally on the edge of my seat just to get someone else to experience this book like I did. Yes, not just to read it, to experience it!
The next book comes out in October! Less then 30 days away. I am super excited for its release!




No comments:

Post a Comment

What is your favorite genre?