Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Genius: The Game

So, I love when other readers recommend me a book, I absolutely think it is the best way to find the best treasures. That is the main reason I started this blog. I want others to benefit from all the reading that I do. 
Also, when I go browsing at a book store, I love to read the reviews written on the covers. Yes, it is an advertising ploy but I choose to believe in the integrity of the authors. Authors tend to read( and thereby review) books that are similar to what they write because that is what interests them. They are a pretty good judge of whether a book is unique, innovative, commonplace or downright junk. So, when they recommend a book, I believe them. It works best when I have read something previously by that author, but sometimes recognition of the name is enough. 
The reason I bring this up is because I picked this book up solely based on the review written by James Patterson. I have yet to read anything by him but the review was outstanding and I thought I would give this book a try.  
 My expectations were, as you might guess, fairly high and I feel like I was let down a little. I guess I was expecting more coming from a such a extraordinary review. I did enjoy myself however. Genius: The Game actually reminded me of Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu( which I will post about later on) which I loved and will likely reread one day. I was reading two books at the same time and Genius grabbed my attention enough to pull me away from the other. As I was reading, I found myself wanting to learn how to code, because when you follow a group of young geniuses, you get to explore what life is like for them living in our world knowing what they know. And then you understand why they feel as if they can change the world. I wanted to join them in their adventure and change things in my own life so it could resembles theirs. A high compliment when it comes to realistic fiction. 
It gives great insight of how the whole world is connected through technology and how with technology we can do great things. 

I have no doubt that the sequel will be even better based on the cliff hanger it leaves you with. Many more adventures to come I suppose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is your favorite genre?