Sunday, November 20, 2016

The Chemist -Stephanie Meyer

The Chemist.
It was not what I was expecting, for there was nothing supernatural about this book unless you count a genius doctor and a corrupt government.  
I, personally, have not read a book like this one before. needless to say, this book is unlike what Meyer has previously written. The characters are few but potent. The plot is slow activating but then hits you all at once getting more intense with each passing page. There is an powerful antagonist causing disasters at every turn. The imagery was fantastic and engraved in my mind. It is also kind of gruesome if I might say so, but all for the purpose to make the danger feel ominous.
The chemist herself is a portent in her own right leaving a trail of havoc in her wake but she has difficulty trusting people. But when forced to rely and works with others she realizes the following reaction is more effective. 
There were times that I was brought to laughter with the quip remarks of the characters and other times I was on the edge of my seat.
There is a lot of intense action and some romance to fill the cracks. It felt like a spy movie just in book form. Worth the read.




*Thus far when I has written review, I have stayed away from any sort of summaries and I have tried to focus on the strengths and weakness that I found in the work of art. Should I put more summary?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is your favorite genre?